Friday, August 1, 2008

One More Bug Report

A big problem in software development nowadays in the practical and academic sense is the Bug Reviewer and his bug report. The idea is to fill the excel sheet with numbers of comments (both suggestive and direct) and not to check it to the previous sheet but ‘Open’ status. What is to be done now? Maybe with a restrictive and patience you can understand the severity of the fixes and not write a report that loose confidence or make one go saying: ‘Huh! Infosys”

Well, I know this isn't really a bug report and it's not really a suggestion either. The idea is to fill the rows with numbers of comments and contradict what you say in the previous sheet. The status therefore remains ‘Open’. Mebbe! A few restrictive steps or patience could save any one of us from the severity but each time you send me ‘Open’!


I say: ‘Huh! Infosys’

Guess what I found. Suggestions…Personal commentaries…Refer to original PPT (that highly scribbled and not make sense). So, back to the original bug (Huh!) I understand your game plan, Iago. If you use the original it’s a bug since it is not rewritten or attended per expected. If you rephrase, its bug since it is not the original. You got the double-sword and walk with scathe.

I knew this was not a good long-term placement, but I've been just kind of coasting along. Where are the good jobs going? Why do I need to work for a company that I hate? Resume…Creditability…Customer Satisfaction…Bug Reports…It all sucks! I've become completely fed up.

1 comment:

  1. Well... I'm not exactly sure what was all that jazz about... But whatever it is... I'm thanking Gawwd that I bore Dad's wrath when I refused to take up Science in the eleventh standard... hmphhh....

    ReplyDelete