Saturday, June 21, 2008

Love @One Night

[Last few lines before a pair chat windows muted. Seriously, it wasn’t for he was bald as a coot with only one tooth but silent sighs embraces both. It has happened twice in my career. Well, in that case, could you please speak slowly?]


1:59 A.M. [Sender] Rahul…, what are you doing?
[Myself] You have all my attention…keep going.
2:00 A.M. [Sender]: <<expression hug>>
[Myself]: What for?
2:01 A.M. [Sender]: Will you marry me?
[Long pauses]


2:05 A.M. [Myself]: What if I nod in confirmation?
[Sender]: A big flirt, you…
[Myself]: Do you think that way? This is awful. It's like reading a 600 year old Penthouse. You know me well and I’m not the muppet or a dumb blonde. You know, I speak the mind raw.
2:07 A.M. [Sender]: Thankfully, you aren’t the blonde.
[Sender] ‘Tomake biye korle mondo hoto nah’ (trans.): You could have been the best thing happen to me.


2:07 A.M. [Myself]: Feels mutually. I would have been ‘myself’ if I were with you.
[Sender]: What does that mean?
[Myself]: I’m tired being closeted and imitate to world with a broad grin, ‘everything alright…at my end’. I would have been sleeping in my casket smiling; knowing that you hold my hands when they drop me deep down to the core with my earthiness died.
[Sender]: <<expression :kiss>>


2:09 A.M. [Sender]: Are you catching with the soccer game tonight?
[Myself]: What’s the score?
[Sender]: Italy seems to have brighter chance…to
[Myself]: hmm…
[Sender]: You loved Italy always…ain’t you?
[Myself]: I feel like saying, “huzzoor aatte aate bahut der kar-di/ bahut der se darr pea ankh ladi thi/ dawa lathe lathe bahut der kardi” (trans).


2:11 A.M. [Sender]: That’s the story of my life.
[Myself]: You remain one of the closest chapter to me...love forever!
[Sender]: Is that the declaration of love, Ours?
[Myself]: You can say that … alas! Let it remain for the moment and with dawn when you walk to the aisle, don’t look back. I might be standing there always, for you to return; selfishly to myself.
[Sender]: I know you’ll be there and its not that we’re going to be there for each other, neways!
<<expression sigh>>


2:12 A.M. [Myself]: I wish you good-luck and a new life. Don’t return to me again.
[Sender]: Why do you desire that?
[Myself]: When you said…, I'd say yes, but then some fool would just come along and sneak something past us. Should we hold hands? I feel weird. No sooner did I have you, I lose thee. Ain’t I born jinxed.

[The windows go muted for a long time.]

2:45 A.M. [Sender]: <<expression :kiss>>

3 comments: