Tuesday, November 13, 2007

November Rain

November…Uh…November again!
The leafless bird-less coming of season like an old man’s fancy likely turns to thoughts of indecent assault. It was November, when cherry faces went for fishin’, rode canoes, swim at lake and merry picnicking uh, [pause]. Then, one November came when a flock o`ducks came in and landed on the land as temperature dipped so low that the lake froze and so does the ducks!

November 15th and all I ever wanna know they brought him dead.
My father died. One minute he was fine, the next, on his back, dead. My momma said “…this thing stinks. Can't you go home and get him a bowl?” So, I buried him in the backyard and since then I tried to remember his face, but it always slipped away from me. Why is that I wonder? Today, its November again…another father died (my friends father expired today).

'Oh my, it's fruitcake weather!' With corpses, lying
inside the open caskets and the ghost had taken a dump in my shoe. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment